Let us guide you in how to make the most of your properties…sustainably!
Tom provides in-person sessions for agencies, facilities and organizations including presentations and hands-on installation and maintenance trainings for management, staff and the general public.
Trainings are geared to environmental compliance to meet our client’s needs and typically cover design, installation and developing cost-effective maintenance programs. His trainings often focus on integrating beautiful, functional, and increasingly required “green infrastructure” features, such as rain- and healing gardens, into the existing site context thereby reducing the burden on existing drainage infrastructure while producing many other benefits.
Tom’s detailed maintenance trainings, offered early in a project’s life cycle, help guide client to attaining the best possible outcome with reduced maintenance over time. Tom’s trainings for the U.S. EPA, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and U.S. Department of Defense at many facilities have helped produce a series of successful bio-retention features that have solved acute drainage problems, met compliance needs, and added beauty, biodiversity while fostering organizational pride.
Tom also provides support services to workforce training programs focused on advancing green job opportunities for such well-respected organizations as Groundwork.
U.S. Postal Services Facilities
Scheduled for Spring-Summer 2015
Trainings provide valuable benefits
- Design guidance
- Hands-on installation experience
- Cost-effective maintenance
- Integrating “green infrastructure”
- Solve acute problems
- Meet compliance needs
- Adding beauty and biodiversity
- Fostering organizational pride
- Supporting workforce training
- U.S. EPA
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- U.S. Department of Defense
- Groundwork Lawrence
Rain Garden Workshop at Barnes Air National Guard base
- Designed and guided installation of base’s first rain garden
- Collaboration with U.S. EPA and U.S. Dept. of Defense
- Training covered green infrastructure benefits, design, and maintenance